CPD is ideal for use:
• In moist conditions
• On wet coating surfaces
• On contaminated coating surfaces
• On carbon-impregnated coatings (i.e. carbonated rubber)
• On ‘plastic’/fibreglass type coatings likely to become electrostatically charged
• Coating Thickness Range: 150 to 25,000μm.
Advantages of the CPD for NDT include:
• Detection of pinholes in coatings and wrapping above 150um on metal substrates, such as pipes and tanks
• Used in conjunction with BEM™ Technology to provide a comprehensive pipe condition assessment
• Can be used on dry or wet surfaces, with an alarm sensitivity setting between dry and wet conditions
• Up to 40kV output
• 4 digit LED display of voltage
• Easy use for inspections; lightweight with fully adjustable probe and clip-on battery pack
• Constant test current and overcharge protection
• Usage in noisy environments - earphones provided.